Ensuring Your Comfort When the Temperature Drops
Short southern winters don’t necessarily exclude Houstonians from requiring a dependable heating system. And just like your air conditioner, your furnace also requires professional maintenance. Absolute Comfort Air Conditioning and Heating recommends scheduling yearly professional heating maintenance service. Our highly qualified technicians are:
- NATE Certified Technicians
- National Comfort Institute (NCI) Air Balancing and Combustion Air Certified
- NCI Infiltrometer and Mold Certifications
- EPA Refrigerant Certified
Stay Warm This Winter with Heating Maintenance Houston residents have come to love
Winter in Houston doesn’t usually conjure images of icicles hanging from snow-topped roof ledges. The area climate is usually described as “humid sub-tropical”, citing average August highs of 85°F and winter lows around 51°F. The experience of Houston/Galveston Metropolitan area residents tells another story. Reality is that arctic blasts bring a brutal chill to otherwise mild temperatures, and sub-freezing mornings are not uncommon. When the thermometer dips into the 30’s, a reliable heating system is important to the health and wellbeing of your family. Cold weather exposure can be especially dangerous for the elderly, chronically ill, and very young.
Four Things You Can Do to Take the Bite Out of Winter Cold Snaps
- Schedule a heating maintenance service check with Absolute Comfort for a good start to a comfortable winter.
- Set your thermostat to the lowest temperature you can comfortably tolerate. Every degree adds to the amount of energy used.
- Find cracks and leaks in your home and fix them with weather stripping and caulking. Seal gaps in doors and windows with weather stripping.
- Remember your mother’s advice and close doors behind you. Keep windows shut, too. Not only will this keep things cool, but save you on electricity as well!
Schedule a heating maintenance service call today before winter weather settles over the Bayou City. Contact us now!